From memory intensive business data to the cloud, Intel processors power any server workload, lifting your data center productivity to new heights.
*NEW* 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor
The Most Demanding Workloads Have Met Their Match
Data is everywhere, creating unprecedented opportunities for business transformation. But businesses cannot compete on old infrastructure. With the end of support for Windows Server* 2008 and SQL Server* 2008 upon us, now is the time to modernize IT updating both SW and HW to eliminate bottlenecks and maximize infrastructure investments. Intel has a growing and differentiated portfolio of modern datacentric technologies. Intel® Select Solutions, based on the 2nd Generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors combined with Intel® Optane DC persistent memory, help you quickly build optimized systems to accelerate a range of business-critical workloads and drive faster value from data.
- This is a “Refresh” launch for the current dual socket/processor (DP) server platform. Uses the same socket as Skylake scalable and requires the new refresh “R” mb/system sku’s or a simple bios update to the “non-R” sku’s (see table below)
- FASTER clock speeds up to 4.4 GHz w/ Intel Turbo Boost
- Up to 1.35X Enhanced Mainstream Performance
- Up to 2X the system memory capacity!
- Can use up to 16GB DIMMs of DDR 2933 Mt/s memory
- Up to 11X AI Inference with Intel Deep Learning (DL) Boost
- Up to 36TB of Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory (more info to come)
- *NEW* Intel Threat Detection Technology
- *NEW* Enhanced Intel Speed Select Technology
Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family
Making a migration an opportunity for transformation
Responding to the end of support for your Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 installations can be an opportunity to extend the capabilities of your data center – and your business.
With up to 60% savings possible through consolidation and 4x per-node integer throughput performance improvements, organizations that implement modernization strategies shift budget from maintenance to new initiatives. More flexible storage and converged architecture allows for greater use of containers, VMs, and hybrid cloud. Integrated security helps lower risk and reduces operations costs.
Is Now the Time for Your IT Modernization Initiative?
Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Architecture
- Intel® AVX-512 instruction-sets, performance for demanding workloads
- Supports Microsoft® Storage Spaces Direct w/NVME and Intel® Optane™ technology
- 4-16x memory, supports Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent memory
- 7x more cores for consolidation, performance, and capacity
Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Hyper-converged infrastructure enabling flexible storage and virtualization
- Hybrid data-center platform for cloud implementation
- Dynamic built-in security capabilities with Windows Defender ATP
SQL Server 2017
- Support for graph data and queries
- Advanced Machine Learning with R & Python
- Encryption at rest and in motion
- Agile Dev/Ops capabilities with support for containers
Build Peace of Mind: An Extended Warranty Backed by Intel
Highlights & Overview
- This new service adds an additional two (2) years to the standard three year product warranty, increasing the total warranty period to five (5) years!
- This service includes coverage for Intel Server Boards, Systems, RAID Controllers, and Modular Server Systems, for the current generation of Intel Server Products (Intel Xeon 5500/5600 series and 3400 Series).
- The warranty SKU’s will arrive as an Electronic Warranty Key which the customer will enter in and register with Intel via a dedicated Intel web-site.
- This must be purchased with the initial hardware purchase.
What's covered with the warranty?*
- Warranty covers most electrical components on System Products except RAID Controllers (separate warranty needed for RAID Controllers)
- Components that ARE covered are: Power supplies, Power distribution boards, Front Panels, I/O modules, Management modules, PCIe/PCI-X risers, Fans, Active/passive drive backplanes, Active/passive midplanes, Bridge boards
- Components that ARE NOT covered are: CPU’s, memory, hard drives, 3rd party add-in cards, keyboards, video, mice, graphics cards, RAID backup batteries, optical drives, plastics/sheet metal parts, non-electrical parts, OEM-specific parts.
||Intel Part Name
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server DP Board (Dual Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server UP Board (Single Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server DP System (Dual Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server UP System (Single Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server RAID Controller Card
*Additional Notes on Extended Warranty: This does not affect the standard three (3) year product warranty. An eligible Intel Channel Partner can request shipment of a replacement part before Intel has received the defective part via AWR. Extended warranty products do not affect a customer’s Channel Warranty Limits for AWR.