Business Development Manager Toronto
Job Code: TOBDM031523
ASI Corp is hiring for a Business Development Manager position in our Markham, Ontario, Canada Office. The BDM will promote brand awareness within ASI customer base and working with regular supervision and direction. The BDM’s primary role is to grow the profitable sales and market share for various vendors. The BDM will build a basic to moderate understanding of vendor and ASI programs product offerings and the vendor’s key competitive products. The BDM serves as a liaison between ASI Sales and the vendor and leverages competitive information to the mutual advantage of both the vendor and ASI.
ASI offers a very competitive salary depending on experience.
ASI Corp demonstrates our commitment to the health of our employees by offering all full-time employees a full complement of medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Researches, contacts, qualifies, prepares and presents packaged solutions to acquire new business
- Works with the Sales Manager & Regional Director of Sales to develop target account lists
- Coordinates and leads sales efforts with other sales resources (e.g., Account Manager, Product Specialist, and Vendor Product Specialist)
- Achieve revenue, gross margin and account targets through sales to new accounts
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with potential customers who have been identified as target clients in order to meet corporate objectives of maximum profitability and sales growth
- Analyze customer needs and interests in order to maximize sales volume and identify service requirements
- Identify, develop, prepare and present high impact sales presentations to current and/or potential corporate clients
- Keep abreast of the products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities and industry trends through reading pertinent literature, training and consulting with manufacturers and their marketing representatives
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3-5 years relevant experience in sales / Business Development (Strong understanding of Networking Products and NAS is required)
- Successful experience in selling to SMB & VAR accounts
- Strong communication skills across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies
- Proven track record of building relationships with sales and vendor
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas: pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling, call structure and control, time management
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Multi-tasking and time management skills are a must