Small form factor PCs have evolved tremendously over the years and the Intel NUC has been at the forefront of technical development for this PC segment. Over the years, the NUC ecosystem has evolved to include models from leading manufacturers such as ASUS, ASRock, and MSI. Today’s product portfolio developed by these key suppliers and available through ASI utilize many of the more advanced features commonly found in full size desktops, including support for Intel 13th Generation Core Processors, Intel vPro Technology, DDR5 memory, Onboard TPM, M.2 PCIe SSD, and much more.
NUC-A-LIKE Solutions From ASI
- High Quality Manufacturers (ASUS, ASRock, MSI)
- Reliable Solutions with Extended Life Cycles
- Intel vPro Technology available on select models
- Small by Design with most models measuring 4.6” x 4.4” x 1.55” to use less space
- Powered by Intel mobile processors, NUCs and NUC-A-LIKE systems use less power, are compact and quiet.
- Customizable so VARs can configure as needed under their company brand
- High Performance all around including models that support the Intel 13th Generation Core i7 Processor
- Use less packaging making these systems more environmentally friendly
- The smaller size and significantly less weight make NUCs less costly to ship
Industrial, IoT, and Edge Computing
With the expansion of business models from ASUS, ASRock and MSI, small form factor solutions have grown far beyond NUC Class PCs to include extensive solutions for Industrial, IoT, and Edge computing markets. Rugged chassis designs, Micro-STX, Mini STX , and Pico ITX motherboards as well as other embedded products.
The opportunity for VARs in the Digital Signage market rests in their core competencies of hardware integration, networking connectivity, managed services, technical maintenance, service and support. The NUC class of systems is an ideal digital signage platform, featuring stellar performance housed in a 4 inch square form factor, which can be easily VESA mounted to a display or wall. Many models also feature crucial functionality to support the most demanding digital signage solutions, such as remote manageability, encryption, multiple displays, and 4K resolution.
The Healthcare industry is perhaps the largest business segment supported by VARs.
Small form factor PCs are particularly advantageous in doctor offices because of the limited space and need for computers to easily adapt to the layout of examine rooms, reception desks, and other office areas.
NUC Class PCs are ideal solutions for the education market. Their compact size and use of fewer fans make then energy efficient, and quiet. The integrated designs also allow for easier more efficient service, lower shipping costs, and take less storage space. Additionally, models that utilize Intel vPro technology can be remotely managed, maintained, and diagnosed.