4th Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
Leading performance with the most built-in accelerators
It’s now more critical than ever for technology to deliver business value as organizations look to scale, drive down costs, and deliver new services. Instead of customizing systems for new applications, which can add complexity, enterprises can achieve the performance needed to meet a wide variety of deployments—both today and in the future—with a scalable platform.
4th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors are designed to accelerate performance across the fastest-growing workloads in artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, networking, storage, and high-performance computing (HPC). These processors have the most built-in accelerators of any CPU on the market. They help bring a zero-trust security strategy to life while unlocking new opportunities for business collaboration and insights—even with sensitive or regulated data—with advanced security technologies. You can scale across multiple clouds and edges to meet your deployment needs. And Intel Xeon Scalable processors offer the most choice and flexibility in cloud selection, with smooth application portability.
Intel® Accelerator Engines redefine performance
Redefine what you expect from a processor. Built-in acceleration is an alternative, more efficient way to achieve higher performance than growing the CPU core count. With built-in accelerators and software optimizations, previous-generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors have been shown to deliver leading performance per watt on targeted real-world workloads.1 This can result in more efficient CPU utilization, lower electricity consumption, and higher return on investment (ROI), while helping businesses achieve their sustainability goals.
- Intel® Advanced Matrix Extensions (Intel® AMX) accelerates deep learning (DL) inference and training workloads, such as natural language processing (NLP), recommendation systems, and image recognition.
- Intel® Data Streaming Accelerator (Intel® DSA) drives high performance for storage, networking, and data-intensive workloads by improving streaming data movement and transformation operations.
- Intel® In-Memory Analytics Accelerator (Intel® IAA) improves analytics performance while offloading tasks from CPU cores to accelerate database query throughput and other workloads.
- Intel® Dynamic Load Balancer (Intel® DLB) provides efficient hardware-based load balancing by dynamically distributing network data across multiple CPU cores as the system load varies.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX) for vRAN increases virtual radio access network (vRAN) density up to 2x, compared to the previous generation, with the same power envelope.2
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) supports up to two fused-multiply add (FMA) units and includes optimizations to accelerate performance for demanding computational tasks.
- Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT) accelerates encryption, decryption, and data compression, offloading these tasks from the processor core to help reduce system resource consumption.
- Intel® Crypto Acceleration reduces the penalty of implementing pervasive data encryption and increases the performance of encryption-sensitive workloads, such as for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) web servers, 5G infrastructure, and VPNs/firewalls.
1 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor vs. AMD EPYC processor. See [126–130] at intel.com/processorclaims: 3rd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors. Results may vary.
2 See [N9] at intel.com/processorclaims: 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors. Results may vary.
3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
Extraordinary Performance. Unparalleled Flexibility.
Introducing the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, a balanced architecture that delivers built in AI acceleration and advanced security capabilities, which allow you to place your workloads more securely where they perform best from Edge to Cloud.
The 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor benefits from decades of innovation for the most common workload requirements, supported by close partnerships and deep integrations with the world’s software leaders. 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors are optimized for many workload types and performance levels, all with the consistent, compatible, Intel architecture you know and trust.
- Optimized for cloud, AI, enterprise, HPC, network, security and IoT workloads, 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors come with 8 to 40 cores and a wide range of frequencies, features and power consumption requirements.
- New benefits include PCIe Gen4 support, increased memory bandwidth, memory capacity per processor up to 6TB per processor/socket and additional AVX 512 instructions.
- 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors are the only data center CPU with built in AI acceleration, supported by end to end data science tools, and a vast ecosystem of smart solutions.
- The platform includes Intel® SGX, which helps protect data and application code in real time from the edge to the data center and multitenant public cloud, enabling enhanced collaboration (for example for federated learning in AI) using shared data without compromising privacy.
- Intel® Crypto Acceleration increases the performance of encryption intensive workloads including SSL web serving, 5G infrastructure, VPN/firewalls and reduces the performance impact of pervasive encryption.
- A powerful and flexible portfolio matters. 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, along with connectivity, storage, software and one API cross architectural tools that can further enhance workload optimized solutions designed to move more, store more and process everything.
Intel® Xeon® Max Series Processors
Maximize performance with improved bandwidth
From weather forecasting, to human genome mapping and helping to cure the world’s deadliest diseases, to designing more energy-efficient materials, high-performance computing (HPC) touches every part of our lives. Advances in HPC and AI drive competitiveness and bring scientific computing demand to new heights, but there is no one-size-fits-all solution. There is incredible diversity in traditional HPC software, and if you look at common workloads by vertical and characteristic, some are memory bound.
Others are compute bound. Some have small kernels with a lot of control flow. Others have large, data-parallel kernels. Most involve extremely large data sets. The Intel® Xeon® CPU Max Series supercharges Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with high bandwidth memory (HBM) and is architected to unlock performance and speed discoveries in data-intensive workloads, such as modeling, artificial intelligence, deep learning, high performance computing (HPC) and data analytics.
Maximize performance with improved bandwidth
The Intel Xeon CPU Max Series features a new microarchitecture and supports a rich set of platform enhancements, including increased core counts, advanced I/O and memory subsystems, and built-in accelerators that will speed delivery of life-changing discoveries. Intel Max Series CPUs feature:
- Up to 56 performance cores constructed of four tiles and connected using Intel’s embedded multi-die interconnect bridge (EMIB) technology, in a 350-watt envelope.
- 64 GB of high bandwidth in-package memory, as well as PCI Express 5.0 and CXL 1.1 I/O. Xeon Max CPUs will provide memory (HBM) capacity per core, enough to fit most common HPC workloads.
- Up to 20x performance speed-up on Numenta AI technology for natural language processing (NLP) with HBM compared to other CPUs.
Intel® Xeon® D Processors
The Most Innovative System-on-Chip Built for the Edge
The latest Intel Xeon D processor features a one-package design with built-in AI, security, advanced I/O and ethernet, plus dense compute to deliver high data throughput and address key edge requirements that your business demands.
Up to 2.4X improvements in AI inferencing for network with Intel® Xeon® D-2700 processor vs. previous generation Intel® Xeon® D-1600 processor
Up to 7.4x improvements in AI inferencing for IoT applications with Intel® Xeon® D-2700 processor vs. previous generation Intel® Xeon® D-1500 processor
The Intel® Xeon® D processor with its dense integration of compute and high-performance network connectivity delivers high data throughput from the edge that your business demands.
The Intel® Xeon® D processor features high-density BGA packaging for soldered-down embedded and rugged applications, with extended operating temperature ranges rated for sealed, fanless devices.
Build Peace of Mind: An Extended Warranty Backed by Intel
Highlights & Overview
- This new service adds an additional two (2) years to the standard three year product warranty, increasing the total warranty period to five (5) years!
- This service includes coverage for Intel Server Boards, Systems, RAID Controllers, and Modular Server Systems, for the current generation of Intel Server Products (Intel Xeon 5500/5600 series and 3400 Series).
- The warranty SKU’s will arrive as an Electronic Warranty Key which the customer will enter in and register with Intel via a dedicated Intel web-site.
- This must be purchased with the initial hardware purchase.
What’s covered with the warranty?*
- Warranty covers most electrical components on System Products except RAID Controllers (separate warranty needed for RAID Controllers)
- Components that ARE covered are: Power supplies, Power distribution boards, Front Panels, I/O modules, Management modules, PCIe/PCI-X risers, Fans, Active/passive drive backplanes, Active/passive midplanes, Bridge boards
- Components that ARE NOT covered are: CPU’s, memory, hard drives, 3rd party add-in cards, keyboards, video, mice, graphics cards, RAID backup batteries, optical drives, plastics/sheet metal parts, non-electrical parts, OEM-specific parts.
||Intel Part Name
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server DP Board (Dual Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server UP Board (Single Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server DP System (Dual Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server UP System (Single Processor)
||Ext. Warranty for Intel Server RAID Controller Card
*Additional Notes on Extended Warranty: This does not affect the standard three (3) year product warranty. An eligible Intel Channel Partner can request shipment of a replacement part before Intel has received the defective part via AWR. Extended warranty products do not affect a customer’s Channel Warranty Limits for AWR.